We truly hope that you have a fun, exciting, and safe St. Patrick’s Day today and in your celebrations that may occur this weekend! Just remember, rethink the drink and choose safety and health for yourself, your friends, and your family.
It can be difficult to remain sober in the midst of a group of friends who love to party with alcohol. It can be difficult to remain sober after struggling for a long time with alcoholism. Today on the blog, we’d love to encourage you in your commitment to sobriety! Here are 5 tips for keeping confident while staying sober.
1. Your sobriety is no one’s business but yours. // If someone gives you a hard time at a party or asks you why you choose to stay sober, politely reply that it is none of their business.
2. Staying sober is a decision made out of strength, not weakness. // It’s easy to go along with the crowd and to keep drinking, but staying sober takes strength and the fact that you’ve made that choice for yourself is admirable.
3. Don’t make a big deal of it. // Don’t feel like you have to tell everyone about your journey to sobriety. If you want to talk about it, then do, but if you’d rather not, just don’t mention it.
4. Find mocktails you love so that you can still have a fun drink at parties. // Just because you don’t drink doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a delicious party beverage. Find your favorite mocktail and make it your go-too drink on your next night out.
5. Keep yourself active and healthy. // The more active you are and the more nutritious your diet, the better you will feel overall. If you feel good, chances are you won’t feel the temptation to drink quite as much. Devote yourself to a healthy lifestyle to keep yourself mentally, emotionally, and physically healthy.
It’s springtime! It’s that time of year when the flowers are blooming and everyone is desperate to get outside into the warmer weather! As graduation parties loom ahead and proms are every other weekend, we here at Rethink the Drink encourage you to host safe, alcohol-free parties! There are MILLIONS of ways to have fun without resorting to drugs. Here are 5 Tips for Keeping your Parties Alcohol Free and STILL have fun!
1. Have your guests bring their favorite non-alcoholic “mocktails”!
2. Serve spring-themed alcohol-free punch!
3. Have GREAT food as the rock-star of your event.
4. Host a night of games, dancing, and karaoke to keep everyone entertained without the booze.
5. Have a strict no-alcohol policy as people come into the door.
We hope that you enjoy the springtime in healthy, alcohol-free ways! Rethink the drink! Also, Happy Alcohol Awareness Month!
Rethink the Drink would love to wish everyone a very Happy Valentine’s Day today! Please remember to make wise decisions while you are out and about tonight. Alcohol and other drugs are not necessary for a romantic evening. Treat your body, your friends, and your significant others with love and respect. Rethink the drink! If you’re looking for some great alcohol-free treats or drinks, check out our Pinterest page with the link below!
Want to connect with Rethink the Drink? Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and our CPMA Website! “Like” us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Pinterest to show your pledge to rethink the drink.
“From the Boards” will be a new feature here on RETHINK THE DRINK about ways to celebrate life with great food, tasty (Alcohol-Free) drinks, and fabulous company! Today on From the Boards, I’m showcasing some terrific drink recipes to make with friends at your next party! No need to add any spirits to these wildly delicious beverages! Just gather the ingredients and have fun trying out these great recipes with your friends!
Try them out and let us know what you think! Remember, you DON’T HAVE TO DRINK TO HAVE FUN!!! There are so many other ways to have a blast with your friends. Check out our pinterest boards for some ideas!
Thank you for visiting RETHINK THE DRINK! Whether you are a teen or adult, we are glad you’re here! Please click the buttons on the left sidebar to like us on Facebook where you can show your pledge to celebrate life safely and to rethink the drink!