**If you are looking to take our survey, please follow the links below for your school:**
It can be difficult to remain sober in the midst of a group of friends who love to party with alcohol. It can be difficult to remain sober after struggling for a long time with alcoholism. Today on the blog, we’d love to encourage you in your commitment to sobriety! Here are 5 tips for keeping confident while staying sober.
1. Your sobriety is no one’s business but yours. // If someone gives you a hard time at a party or asks you why you choose to stay sober, politely reply that it is none of their business.
2. Staying sober is a decision made out of strength, not weakness. // It’s easy to go along with the crowd and to keep drinking, but staying sober takes strength and the fact that you’ve made that choice for yourself is admirable.
3. Don’t make a big deal of it. // Don’t feel like you have to tell everyone about your journey to sobriety. If you want to talk about it, then do, but if you’d rather not, just don’t mention it.
4. Find mocktails you love so that you can still have a fun drink at parties. // Just because you don’t drink doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a delicious party beverage. Find your favorite mocktail and make it your go-too drink on your next night out.
5. Keep yourself active and healthy. // The more active you are and the more nutritious your diet, the better you will feel overall. If you feel good, chances are you won’t feel the temptation to drink quite as much. Devote yourself to a healthy lifestyle to keep yourself mentally, emotionally, and physically healthy.
We hope these tips are helpful for you!
Want to connect with Rethink the Drink? Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and our CPMA Website! “Like” us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Pinterest to show your pledge to rethink the drink.